Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The sin of sitcoms

Image taken from Google Images


Do you know why TV Land is so popular? Because it allows the average person to watch an episode of a show they've seen time and time again ...... AGAIN! Why is this important to us? Because we like the security of the predictable. We like knowing the outcome before it happens and the familiar becomes our faith.

The other day I had to have a very direct and blunt conversation. Days prior to the conversation, I found myself "going over" the conversation in my head to make sure I didn't miss anything. I rehearsed what I was going to say many times over and even rehearsed what the other person might say or how they might respond and how I was going to respond to THAT!

Sound familiar? Been here before?

What I came to realize is that I was (again) worried about something I couldn't control. For all the dress rehearsals I was having, nothing cold prepare me any better for that moment in time than anything else ...... Except the complete reliance on God to know the situation, write the script (done), cast the characters and know the outcome (already done).

Jeremiah 29:11 gives us the confidence that we need to make it through any situation, "For I know the plans I have for you, saith the Lord." This is our confidence that this "Grammy-winning" situation we are about to enter will only come out gold!

No comments:

Post a Comment